What can I use Home Package funding for?
When it comes to your wellbeing and health, getting the right care at home is important to maintain independence and the ability to stay at home so you can live life, your way. Our services are extensive and we have the ability to personalise them to your needs.
Some of the things you may wish to use your package funding on include:
- Independence at home: domestic assistance, laundry, changing bedding, meal preparation, light gardening, transportation, shopping
- Personal care: personal hygiene, grooming and dressing, medication prompt, continence care and consumables
- Health and wellbeing: individual and group social programs, stay connected with technology, carer respite, welfare checks
- Balance and mobility: falls prevention, exercise at home, mobility aids, allied health supports including occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Home and garden maintenance: home maintenance, minor modifications, garden cleaning and maintenance
What’s not included in my Home Package funding?
At Respect, we work in partnership to maximise funding on areas that align with your health and wellbeing needs.
It’s worth noting that government-funded home care packages cannot fund items that would usually be paid for with general income. For example:
- Household bills and basic living expenses
- Food (unless part of enteral feeding needs)
- Permanent accommodation
- Home modifications or capital items that do not relate to care needs
- Travel or accommodation for holidays
- Entertainment such as tickets to sporting events
- Payment for services and items covered by Medicare benefits Schedule or PBS
- Payment of fees or charges for other types of care or services funded or jointly funded by Australian government
Got questions? Simply contact us to get assistance. We’re happy to help!
Other Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know that we are safe with a Respect carer?
Besides providing a helping hand, what else can I get out of having support at home?
I would like to be a caregiver. Are you hiring?
How can I prepare for my ACAT assessment?
Can someone join me during the assessment?
Is there a cost involved with the ACAT assessment?
Will an income assessment be done?
We can't wait for a Home Care Package. What services can Respect assist with immediately?
How many hours of service am I entitled to?
Does Respect have an exit fee?
How can I switch to Respect from another provider?
Do Respect Home Care support workers have training and qualifications?
Can I choose my own Home Care support worker?
How can I add or cancel a service?