- Like the Hospital, Tongala Aged Care continues to be a focal point of the community. Services are based on a person-centred care approach and provision of supportive social and physical living and working environments where the focus is on “nurturing the human spirit”.
- RM McHale and Koraleigh are suited to those wanting personalised care in a smaller homely residential aged care service. The homes are located in the Tongala township within close proximity to community service amenities. Both are set in lovely well maintained gardens and overlook one of the local primary schools.
- McHale residential aged care service has 32 rooms in general care and a 10-bed secure facility for people living with dementia. Koraleigh has 30 places with three cluster areas, of which one is a 10-bed secure dementia care section. Clinical nursing and personal care are provided by qualified staff overseen by experienced Registered Nurses. Staff are trained in caring for people living with dementia while doctors from Kyabram and Echuca visit the homes. Allied health professionals such as physiotherapists, podiatrists and speech therapists also visit.
- Staff assist with arranging medical, dental and allied health appointments and provide escort and transport services where appropriate. A range of lifestyle and pastime activities are available and are tailored to the interests and abilities of individual residents. Tasty fresh meals are also cooked on site. End of life care is provided in a dignified and sensitive manner for the resident and to support family and friends.
- The organisation is committed to the ongoing improvement of care, services and facilities.
- A refurbishment of Koraleigh Nursing Home was completed in December 2016 with new single rooms, shared rooms converted to single rooms as well as renovations completed on the Don Worke communal areas to enhance the living environment of residents and their families. Both RM McHale and Koraleigh have reputations for the quality of care provided and have an unblemished Aged Care Accreditation record.
History of Tongala Memorial1925
Tongala and District Memorial Aged Care Service Inc. has been serving the people of Tongala and district for more than 90 years. It was established in 1925 as the Tongala and District Bush Nursing Memorial Hospital; a memorial to the local men and women who served and died in World War I and it continues to be owned and managed by the people of Tongala as a living memorial to that war and subsequent wars.