Important Victorian Visitation Update
2 January 21
Due to the escalating COVID situation in Victoria, the Department of Health & Human Services Victoria has updated its restrictions on aged care homes within Victoria.
Additional visitor restrictions will now be in place for residential aged care facilities:
- Access to 1 visitor at any time, once per day for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Essential care persons: 1 visitor, no time limits apply
- Essential behaviour assistance person: no time limits apply
- Interpreters or informal language support: no time limits apply
- Visitor is being assisted to handover care for discharge: maximum of 2 hours
- Visitor is viewing facility as a potential site to live in: maximum of 2 hours
- End of live: 2 visitors, no time limit.
There are a number of areas within Victoria that have been deemed as medium & high risk areas, and any person from these areas will not be permitted entry to any Respect home. Please monitor Health Department advice regarding area classifications, as this list is being regularly updated.
Loved ones can still be contacted by telephone and video chat facilities if they wish to do so. If you would like to speak with your loved one by video chat please don’t hesitate to contact the home your loved one resides in so this can be arranged.
We do not currently have any cases of coronavirus at any home, and will continue to closely monitor the situation and make changes to visitations as necessary.